For a long time now, gas and propane-powered generators have been the primary power source for anyone looking for portable power solutions. They have been helpful in meeting power demands for tailgating parties, camping, and acting as power backups at home in case of power outages. The said power solutions have been reliable, but things are now changing. There is a need to purchase a good and quality best gasless generator.
Today, gasless generators (battery-powered generators) are substituting fuel-burning generators. Gasless generators come with lasting lithium batteries making them safe as backup power plans. They have sufficient power for powering phones, laptops, CPAP machines, other household electrical appliances, and outdoor activities.
The main advantage of using gasless generators is they offer noiseless and gas-free operations. They don’t need to burn fuel to run, making them friendly to the environment. Investing in a gasless generator might be the best reward for you when you need an on-the-go power supply.
However, getting the best gasless generator for your needs can be a hard nut to crack. There are so many gasless generator models in the market to compare. Additionally, there are many things that you need to consider when buying one. But with the right guide, your gasless generator buying experience can be seamless. If you’re in the market for a gasless generator, this review will help you get started. Here we will share the vital things to look at and a review of some of the best gasless generators in the market for you.
Table of Contents
Our 10 Best Gasless Generators
1. EcoFlow Delta
This model tops our list because of its flawless performance, outstanding features, and affordability. It is a powerful, compact, portable gasless generator, making it excellent for indoor and outdoor power demands. EcoFlow delta weighs about 31 pounds.
EcoFlow delta has a peak wattage of 3,300 watts and 1,800 watts of continuous power. This power output can meet most basic household energy demands, including simultaneously handling a refrigerator and coffee maker.
Thanks to its multiple outlets, you can plug in up to 13 devices on this generator at ago. It features;
- Six 120V AC outlets
- Duo USB-C ports
- Duo USB-A ports (regular)
- Duo USB-A ports (fast charging)
- A standard 13.6V DC port
The multiple power outlets give you the freedom to power what you want to use at any time.
You can recharge this generator using three methods:
- Solar panel- only use a 10-65V solar panel for rechecking this generator. This solar panel is sold separately. The generator can attain an 80% charge within 4 hours.
- Charge via a 120V AC wall adapter. The generator battery can move from 0 to 80% charge within an hour. You can rely on this quick charge during emergencies.
- Through a car charger which can take about 13.5 hours
Check the generator power input, output, and current charge by viewing the LCD screen.
- It is a powerful yet affordable gasless generator.
- It has a quick recharging feature when using an AC wall adapter.
- It has a bigger battery capacity that lasts longer than competitors.
2. Goal Zero Yeti 3000X Solar Generator
This is the best gasless generator for home use because of its large battery range. You can use this generator as an emergency power backup at home or use it for camping/RVing. Yeti 3000X has a peak wattage of 3500W and 2000 running watts. With this power output, you can run a range of electrical appliances, including small refrigerators, coolers, power tools, lighting, among others.
This model has a variety of power outlets, they include:
- 230 volts AC outlets
- 2 USB-A ports
- 18W USB-C
- 60W USB-C PD
- 12V Power Port
With multiple outlets, you can power several appliances simultaneously.
You can recharge Yeti 3000X in 3 different ways;
- Plug it in an AC wall socket: It will attain full charge after about 13.5 hours with the proper charger.
- You can also recharge it via solar panels, which are sold separately.
- Recharge it through the 12 V car chargers (cigarette style). The integrated MPPT charging controller assures users of the highest efficiency charging process.
Thanks to its clear front display, you can observe the generator’s power input and output in Volts, Watts, & Amps. Through the same display, you can also monitor the battery charging status.
You can connect this generator to a Wi-Fi router. Monitor and control the generator remotely via the Goal Zero Yeti App.
- It has a massive battery storage
- It has multiple power outlets
- It’s a high capacity gasless generator
- It offers slow charging via AC and solar panels
- The battery has a very short shelf-life. You’ll have to recharge it after every 3 to 6 months.
3. Yeti 1500X Solar Generator
This model has a large battery capacity of 1516W. Besides its high power output of 3500 W peak load and rated wattage of 2000W, this generator has other admirable features. It has a Wi-Fi feature that allows you to monitor and control the generator remotely through a Wi-Fi router by using the Goal Zero Yeti app. You can enable and disable the outlet ports and check battery levels via this app.
This is a compatible gasless generator for home use, camping, tailgating, among other outdoor activities. You can power a wide range of appliances, including power tools, smartphones, laptops, lighting, coffee maker, petite refrigerators, among others. There are several power outlets on Yeti 1500X for easy powering of your devices; they include:
- Double 120 volts Ac outlets
- Duo 5 volts USB-A
- 18W USB-C
- 60W USB-C PD
- 12V Power Port
You can engage all outlets simultaneously.
You can recharge Yeti 1500X solar generator via:
- Plugging it into a wall AC socket. It may take around 12.5 hours to fully charge when using its recommendable charger.
- Use solar panels. When using a 100 W solar panel, this generator will take 18 to 36 hours of sunlight to attain full charge.
- 12 V car charger (cigarette-lighter style). You can recharge this generator while driving your RV.
The maximum power point tracker (MPPT) charging controller guarantees users the highest efficient charging process.
It has a clear frontage LCD screen that displays power inputs and outputs in Watts, Volts & Amps. You can also observe the status of the battery through the LCD screen.
- It has massive battery storage
- Multiple power outlets
- Relatively slow charging time both AC and solar options
4. Duracell PowerSource 1440W Portable Power Station
No matter if you’re looking for a portable power source for your adventures or for running essential appliances during blackouts, Duracell PowerSource 1440W is your best option. It delivers the power you can count on any time you are off the main grid.
This generator has a peak wattage of 2880W and 1440 running watts. While you may run every electrical appliance at home with this generator, it can keep your critical devices running until power is restored. Its built-in handles make it a perfect power source for camping, tailgating, fishing, and RVing.
You can power several appliances simultaneously thanks to its numerous outlets;
- 4 120 volts AC outlets
- 2 USB ports
- 12 volts DC outlet for running power tools, TV, among other devices.
You can recharge this generator using three different methods;
- Via solar panel (sold separately): A 100W solar on adequate sunlight can take about 10 hours to recharge this generator.
- Via connecting it to a car battery through the daisy chain terminals
- Connect it to an AC wall outlet
On its other features, this generator has an LCD screen that displays a signal when it is recharging, the amount of power output, and the remaining battery charge.
- You can plug in multiple devices at a go
- You can daisy-chain it to other batteries for more power
- It has an easy to read LCD screen for easy monitoring of the generator
- It is quite expensive
5. BLUETT AC200P
It is the most powerful gasless generator in our review. This generator has a peak wattage of 4800 watts and 2000 rated watts. This generator can run most high-powered household appliances, including a fridge, microwave oven, coffee maker, heater, electric grill, among others. Whether you’re looking for a gasless generator for your outdoor activities or for powering your home, AC200P fits the bill.
This generator features multiple AC and DC outlets that allow you to enjoy powering a maximum of 17 devices concurrently. It features;
- 6 AC 120 volts outlets
- 12V/25A RV outlet
- Two wireless charging pads at the top for charging your smartphones
- Single 60W type C USB port
- Four 5V USB-A ports
- Single 12V/10A carport
- Duo 12V/3A ports
It is the perfect gasless generator for home, camping, van life, tailgating, among others.
This model offers five flexible recharging ways, which are;
- You can charge through an AC wall outlet, where it can take up to 2.5 hours to attain full charge when using a dual AC adaptor.
- A 700W solar panel may take 3 to 3.5 hours to fully recharge the AC200P battery. The MPPT technology in this generator allows the battery to recharge 40% faster when using solar panels.
- A 12V car adaptor may take up to 18 hours to achieve a full charge.
- You can hook this gasless generator to a conventional generator (gasoline, diesel, or propane-powered) to recharge this model.
- Charge it by hooking it to a lead-acid battery with a maximum of 8.2 A.
It also supports a combination of AC (500W) and a 700W solar panel that can Deliver full charge within 2 hours.
The many recharging methods are to ensure that you are not frustrated by one means of charging your gasless generator.
An LCD screen displays real-time power, current, voltage, temperature, and charge status. You can plan for a recharge even before the power dies.
- It is powerful and has a good battery capacity
- It has two wireless smartphone fast charging pads
- Even though this model is powerful, it is expensive.
6. Westinghouse iGen300s
This is one of the lightest gasless generators you can invest in for your outdoor activities. It weighs about 6.35 pounds making it easily portable for providing you with on-the-go power. With its built-in handle, you can easily carry this model while on the go. This model has a starting power of 600 watts and 300 watts of running power. With this power output, you can power your laptop, charge your smartphones, CPAP, 65″ LED TV, light bulbs, among other things. For powering your devices, this generator comes with;
- Double 120 volts household outlets
- Double USB ports and a type C USB port
- 12 volts cigarette lighter outlet
- 6mm 9–12V DC outlet
Westinghouse iGen300s offers three recharging options;
- Through an AC wall socket at home, it can achieve an 80% charge within 5 hours.
- Charge while on the go via a car charger but ensure the car engine runs.
- Through a solar panel (sold separately). The solar panel should not exceed 19V.
The generator has a smart display showing the battery level. This offers an easy time when charging or using the generator. You can plan when to recharge next or what appliances to power before your next recharge.
- This lightweight gasless generator comes with a laptop computer pack
- It has a two-year warranty cover (a dependable product).
- It is less powerful for powering a range of household appliances.
7. Jackery Explorer 500
This is the best gasless generator for portability. The generator has a compact design and weighs about 13.3 pounds for easy transportation and storage. It is the perfect option for outdoor lovers needing a temporary power source.
Jackery Explorer 500 has a starting wattage of 1000W, 500W rated watts, and a battery capacity of 518Wh. With this generator, you can power a range of electrical appliances, including a TV, projector, lamplight, and heater. There are several power outlets on this generator for plugging in your devices;
- A single 110V AC outlet
- Three 5V USB-A ports
- Two 10V DC outlets
- A single carport for charging the generator.
Unlike other gasless generators, Jackerbery Explorer 500 allows pass-through charging. This means you can power your appliances as the generator is recharging.
There are four options for recharging Jackery Explorer 500:
- Plug the generator into an AC wall socket outlet. The generator will take 7.5 hours to attain full charge when using the correct charging cable.
- Charge via a 12V car charger adapter which can take about 7.5 hours to achieve a full charge.
- Charge via a solar panel. When using a 100W solar panel which is sold separately, it will take about 9.5 hours to fully recharge the battery when the solar is under full sunlight. The quick solar recharging is because of an in-built MPPT charge controller. It guarantees users of an efficient charging process.
- Charge through an electric generator. You can hook this gasless generator to an electric generator for recharging. This extra recharging option is not common to most gasless generators.
- It is a small but powerful gasless generator
- It’s a reliable and cost-friendly gasless generator
- The generator does not have a USB-C interface essential for recharging modern handheld devices.
Check out this video
8. ROCKPALS 300W Portable Generator
With about 7.5 pounds, this is the second lightest gasless generator in our review. It comes with a built-in handle at the top for easy transportation. You can quickly grab it when going camping or any other outdoor activity.
Rockpals 300W delivers 300 watts continuous power and 600 surge watts. You can use this gasless generator to power small electrical appliances at home such as CPAP machines, fans, TV, lights, among others, in case of a blackout. You’ll need a Rockpile DC converter to achieve longer operating hours when using a CPAP machine. On the power outlets, you will get:
- Single 110V AC outlet
- 2 USB 2.1A ports
- 2 Quick Charge 3.0 USB ports
- 3 12V 4A DC outlets
- 12V 8A DC outlet
- 24V 3A DC outlet
There are three different ways of recharging Rockpals 300W gasless generator:
- Use 60W or 100W compatible solar panels, which are sold separately. A 100W solar panel may take 8 to 10 hours to fully recharge this generator, depending on the sunlight intensity.
- Plug into an AC wall outlet. To attain full charge, it will take between 6 to 7 hours.
- Connect the generator to a car charger port. You will need 6 to 7 hours to recharge this generator fully.
Other features on this generator include an LCD screen for quick monitoring of the voltage, output signal, and battery level. It also has 2 LED flashlights that can light up to 55 feet away. It is an ideal option for camping; you don’t have to put on the lights at night when you step outside; switch on the LED flashlight.
- It has multiple USB ports
- A built-in LED flashlight
- It is sensitive to warm temperatures.
How Do Gasless Generators Work?
Gasless generators are also known as battery-powered generators. These generators are different from conventional generators that rely on gas, propane, or diesel to produce energy. Gasless generators work with a robust rechargeable Lithium battery. This battery contains ions that move from the negative to the positive electrode. The movements of the ions lead to the generation of electric current that is supplied to any device plugged into the generator.
Battery-powered or gasless generators don’t use fuel. They use the sun (solar panels), an electric grid (120V wall socket), or a car charger to recharge their batteries. In some cases, like Jackery Explorer 500, you can recharge the generator by hooking it to an electric generator. Gasless generator batteries recharge when ions in the battery move from the positive to the negative electrodes. As this process continues, the battery stores the energy for subsequent usage.
What Are the Benefits of Buying a Gasless Generator?
Apart from their excellent performance, gasless generators have numerous benefits to the users and environment as well. Some of the benefits include;
1. They are lightweight
Gasless generators have a compact design and come in small weight compared to the traditional generator models. This makes it easier for users to carry and store them. For instance, in our review, Westinghouse iGen300s weighs about 6.35 pounds; it is the lightest gasless generator in our review. Any adult will have an easy time lifting a 6.35 pounds generator.
2. Gasless generators are noiseless
Gasless generators operate quietly, unlike gas, propane, or diesel-powered generators whose engines have noisy operations. You can use gasless generators anywhere without worrying about their operational noise.
3. They don’t produce exhaust fumes
Since gasless generators don’t burn gas, propane, or diesel to have power, they don’t produce exhaust fumes. You can safely use them indoors.
4. They are cheap to operate
You don’t need to incur fuel costs such as buying gasoline, propane, or diesel to run a gasless generator. Provided you have solar panels, a source of the primary grid, or you have a car, you can recharge the generator for later usage.
To enjoy the above benefits and many others, you should invest in the best gasless generator. Any of our reviewed gasless generators above are reliable.
Factors to Consider When Settling for a Gasless Generator
Many gasless generators are reliable. However, before settling for any of them, there are critical factors that you need to consider.
Peak & Rated Power Outputs
Just like when shopping for fueled generators, starting and running power of a gasless generator is vital. Before settling for one, you should consider the appliances you intend to power with the gasless generator. If you are looking for a gasless generator for powering a few devices at the camp, Rockpals 300W and Westinghouse iGen300s are good options. But if you are looking for gasless generators for powering essential appliances at home, BLUETTI AC200P and Goal Zero Yeti 3000X generators are your best choices.
Battery Type and Capacity
Gasless generators operate using batteries. When shopping for a gasless generator, you need to know whether the generator runs on a lead-acid or lithium-ion battery. Among the two battery types, lithium-ion works efficiently. Additionally, lithium-ion batteries are lighter, and they are more long-lasting compared to lead-acid batteries. However, gasless generators operating on lithium-ion batteries are more expensive.
Check on the battery capacity. Battery capacity is measured by watts per hour, and it usually ranges from 200 to 5000Wh. The higher the value, the more the battery capacity. A higher capacity battery means the gasless generator will operate for longer hours than when the battery has a low capacity.
Available Power Outlets
The type and number of power outlets on a gasless generator determine how versatile the generator is. A reliable gasless generator should have at least 1 AC 120V standard house outlet, USB ports (Type A and C), and a 12V DC outlet. The more the power outlets, the more appliances you can power simultaneously.
Size and Weight
Size and weight are critical factors when looking for a portable generator. If you are an outgoing person, a camper, or an RV reveler, you need a compact and lightweight gasless generator for easy transportation. In our review, Westinghouse iGen300s is the lightest model, and it weighs about 6.35 pounds. This is a good weight for anyone looking for a light gasless generator for their moderate outdoor power demands.
A reputable gasless generator brand comes with a warranty cover. The warranty policy may range from 1-5 years, depending on the manufacturer. The warranty cover means you can use the generator and get free repair services or a unit replacement if the generator malfunctions within the warranty policy period. All gasless generators in this review have at least two years warranty.
Faqs About Best Gasless Generators (Battery Powered)
1. Are there Non Gas Powered Generators?
Yes, battery-powered generators, also known as gasless generators, do not operate on gas, propane, or diesel. Gasless generators have lithium-ion batteries recharged either through an AC wall socket, solar panels, or a car charger. These generators operate quietly and have no emissions since they do not burn fuel.
2. Are battery-powered generators any good?
Battery-powered or gasless generators are great power solutions for a temporary power outage. Or, when you need power and cannot access gas, propane, or diesel, a gasless generator comes in handy. However, battery-powered generators are expensive and cannot run for longer hours compared to conventional generators.
3. What can I power with a gasless generator?
Depending on the power output of your gasless generator, you can power a wide range of electrical appliances. For instance, most gasless generators in our review can power CPAP machines, TVs, fans, lights, and heaters for the powerful models. When buying a gasless generator, ensure you buy one that can meet your power demands.
4. What is the most powerful battery generator?
Dory B7000 is the most powerful battery generator in the market today. This generator has a peak wattage of 6000W and 3000 running watts. In our review, BLUETTI AC200P is the most powerful gasless generator with a starting power of 4800 watts and rated wattage of 2000 watts.
5. Can a solar generator power a house?
Yes, if you have the right solar generator, you can power your house. For instance, our review reviews the Goal Zero Yeti 3000X solar generator as the best generator for home use. The generator has a high power capacity to power essential household appliances should there be a blackout.
6. How long can a solar generator operate?
The battery capacity of a gasless generator, current charge level, and existing load determine how long the generator can run. Typically, a gasless generator can operate from 1-10 hours.
7. Can a solar generator run a space heater?
Most space heaters are rated 1500 watts. Any solar generator with a power output of more than 1500 watts can power a space heater. BLUETTI AC200P, Duracell PowerSource 1440W, and Goal Zero Yeti 3000X are some of the solar generators in our review that can run a space heater.
8. Can a generator battery explode?
Yes, excessive charging of generator batteries can lead to their explosion. Normally, when batteries are charging, they produce gas. When the tiny battery ventilations are blocked, the batteries are likely to explode.
9. Can a solar generator battery explode when overcharged?
Lithium batteries can overheat and explode when they are overcharged. Therefore, you should avoid overcharging your solar battery. Besides overcharging, ensure the battery is in the best condition.
Investing in the best gasless generator for your home or outdoor power demands is one of the rational decisions you can make. Gasless generators are convenient because you can use them anywhere from your bedroom to areas with noise restrictions, such as parks. Gasless generators are small and compact, making them highly portable than fuel-powered models. They are eco-friendly and are easy to use for daily life.
Our review above should help you settle for the best gasless generator for your needs. Remember to check on the generator’s power output against your needs, the battery capacity, power outlets, and warranty policy. These are technical features that can make or break a deal when purchasing the best gasless generator.