Inverter generators are one of the most vital equipment that homeowners and contractors can ever invest in. If you compare these units to ordinary generators, the best inverter generators are fuel-efficient and cost-effective.
For homeowners, everyone needs a perfect backup plan, especially when hurricane season is rolling around and during the winter storm. During these seasons, you are likely to experience a power outage, and you can’t afford to live without an AC during such times. Even so, some people need inverter generators for RVs, camping, and other outdoor activities.
For reliability, you should get a well-established brand that has a decent warranty period. So which are the top 5 best inverter generator brands?
With the brands in the market, some winning on particular features while others score better on their designs, choosing the right one can be a daunting task.
But once you have an idea of the leading brands in the market, your selection process becomes easy.
Some of the Top 5 Best Inverter Generators
1. Honda Eu2200i- Most Quiet Inverter Generator
- An advanced Carbon-monoxide detection system: The unit automatically shuts down when the carbon-monoxide levels start rising. Meaning it will shut down before the levels become dangerous.
- It has wireless operation monitoring, and you can also switch it off remotely, thanks to the Honda My Generator app that works through Bluetooth.
If searching for a quiet, user-friendly, and reliable portable inverter generator, here is Honda 663520 EU2200i.
This unit is undoubtedly portable with about 54 pounds and dimensions of 20 x 11.4 x 16.7 inches. With a recoil pull cable and a control knob, this unit can be started even by a novice user.
Honda 663520 EU2200i has a 121cc Honda GXR120 engine that can produce a starting wattage of 2200W and 1800 running watts.
This power can run most of your home appliances, including a microwave, a small AC unit that doesn’t need high voltage.
With the parallel capability, you can double this power output to run your RV AC unit. It is therefore one of the best inverter generators for RV and camping.
With a small fuel tank of about 0.96 gallons full, this unit can run for about 8 hours when it is at quarter load and about 3 hours when it is 100% loaded.
It produces a rated noise of 48 decibels when it’s at 25% load and 57 decibels when fully loaded from 23 feet away.
Its noise level is lower than that of a normal conversation. With its inverter technology, you can power your vulnerable electronics since it produces a clean sine wave.
You can double up the power by connecting a second Honda 663520 EU2200i using its suitable parallel cable, which is sold separately. The outlets available in this unit are;
- Double 120V 15A AC Household outlets
- Single 12V 8.3A DC outlet
Other vital features of this model include:
- Fuel shut-off feature that allows the unit to utilize the fuel in the carburettor before it shuts down when it is low on fuel.
- It has an electronic circuit breaker that keeps the unit free from overload.
- Parallel connection capabilities.
- Wattage: 2200 watts
- Noise Level: 48-57 dbs
- Weight: 46.5 Ibs
- Run Time: 4-9.6 hours/single tank
- Unique Feature: Quiet Generator
- It’s an energy-efficient model.
- It has a good runtime.
- A very portable unit and yet powerful
- Users experienced a hard time changing oil.
2.WEN 56380i- Top Rated Fuel Sensor Inverter Generator
- The unit can run on eco-mode when at full load, which most portable generators can’t.
- With a fuel shut-off feature, the generator can completely utilize the fuel left in the generator before it shuts down. It also ensures no fuel will stale, hence increasing the lifespan of this unit.
- Its low noise production qualifies it to be among the top preferred inverter generators in the market today.
WEN 56380i portable inverter generator is among the quietest and portable generators within its power output range.
With a weight of about 99.2 pounds and dimensions of 23.2 × 18 × 20.1 inches, this unit has non-flat tires and folding handles, making it easy to be moved on the ground; you don’t have to suffer lifting its weight.
The unit features an elegant electric starter and a conventional pull-start mechanism.
The WEN 56380i runs on a 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine that can generate 3400 rated watts and 3800 surge watts. This power range is enough to run your RV air conditioning unit, your camping power equipment and also work as your home power backup plan.
While the 2.2 capacity fuel tank is complete, this unit can operate for more than 8.5 hours at half load. Even at that power output range, this unit has a rated noise of about 57 decibels at 25% load and 22 feet away.
This noise level is similar to that of your average conversation or a window air conditioner. Are you wondering about your sensitive electronics?
This unit produces a pure sine wave with a total harmonic distortion of less than 1.2% at full load and 0.3% at no load. You can comfortably power your laptops and other vulnerable electronics.
WEN 56380i is parallel capable, and you can connect it to another WEN 56380i unit for double the power output. Even so, you will need to purchase the WEN 56421 Parallel kit separately. This unit has plenty of outlets;
- Dual 120V 20A (5-20R) AC Household outlets
- Single 120V 30A (TT-30R) AC RV Ready outlet
- 12V 8A DC outlet for easy batteries charging
- Dual 5V USB ports for charging your electronics such as mobile phones and tablets
Other standard features on this model include:
- A digital data center that gives the user more information about the running status of the generator
- Light indicators that communicate when the unit is; ready for use, overloaded, and when the oil level is low.
- An in-built fuel gauge that shows the remaining fuel level is the generator.
- A circuit breaker and low oil shut-off sensor for protecting the unit from overload risks and operating without oil, respectively
- Wattage: 3800 watts
- Noise Level: 57 dbs
- Weight: 99.2 Ibs
- Run Time: 8.5 hours at 25% load
- Unique Feature: Good Fuel Utilizer
- It has an electric start option.
- It’s a fuel-efficient unit.
- It has an RV Ready feature for RV travellers.
- It has parallel capabilities.
- It has a relatively low runtime.
- No remote start option, and yet it’s a big generator.
3. Briggs & Stratton P2200 – Best Inverter Generator for Outdoor Activities
- Its parallel capabilities can be connected even to a P3000 as well; this means you can have more than double the power output. It is different from other models that require parallel connection be to a similar model.
- The twin-handle design (H-handle) makes it convenient for two people to carry the generator around.
It is an ideal gadget for those people who like outdoor activities such as tailgating, camping among other outdoor activities. You can check some of the best generators for tailgating.
It is a portable inverter generator that weighs about 55 pounds and measures 22.4 × 14.4 × 19.9 inches. The H-handle design improves its portability features.
The unit has a traditional pull-start mechanism to get it running.
Briggs & Stratton P2200 runs on a gasoline-fueled 111cc Briggs & Stratton OHV engine with a 120V power output that delivers 2200 starting watts and 1700 running watts.
With a full tank with a capacity of 1 gallon, this unit can operate for about 6.5 hours when it has a quarter load.
The power output is sufficient to run most tailgating and outdoor electrical equipment.
With the production of a clean sine wave (less than 3% THD), you can power your most sensitive electronics from the AC outlets. When operating, the unit has a noise rating of 59 decibels.
The noise level is controlled by the engine speed, which adjusts depending on the load; on an eco-mode, the noise rating lowers to 57 decibels.
You can connect this unit to another Briggs & Stratton P2200 or a P3000 unit with parallel capability, increasing the power output even to run your RV air conditioner.
Since the parallel kit is optional, it is sold separately.
Apart from the parallel connector outlets, this unit also has;
- Double 120V 20A AC household outlets
- A single 12V 5A DC outlet, ideal for recharging your batteries
The outlets on this unit are also covered.
Other features on this unit include;
- It has Quiet Power Technology that regulates the engine speed lowering the noise level and fuel consumption. The auto-adjustments depend on the unit load. It increases when more load is added and reduces when it is removed.
- The circuit breaker and low oil shut-off sensor keep the unit safe from overload risks and protect it from running without oil.
- The unit has light indicators that signal when the generator is ready for use when overloaded and when the oil level is running low.
- Wattage: 2200 watts
- Noise Level: 59 dbs
- Weight: 55 Ibs
- Run Time: 8 hours/ Gallon @ 25% load
- Unique Feature: Good for Indoor activities
- It has parallel connection capabilities, and you can connect it to a higher model in its line.
- Its lightweight nature makes it portable.
- An inverter generator should have USB ports for charging delicate electronics such as smartphones, cameras among others.
- The unit is not EPA nor CARB compliant.
4. Generac GP3500iO – Best Power Backup Inverter Generator
- It can produce up to 50% more of its starting watts than other models, thanks to its PowerRush technology.
- It features PowerDial Technology
It is an open frame model that features PowerRush Technology that increases the starting power by about 50%, and for noise-sensitive environments, the model is 50% quieter.
With its open-frame design measuring 19.3 × 16.9 × 16.4 inches and about 74 pounds, this unit is ideal for outdoor activities as well as a home power backup plan.
With a conventional pull-start mechanism, you can start this generator.
The 212cc Generic OHV 4-stroke engine delivers a comfortable 120V while providing a peak wattage of 3500W and 3000 running watts on gasoline fuel.
This power output is enough to run your home’s electrical appliances, power tools, RV AC unit 15000 BTU, and other electronics you may need for your camping.
With the inverter technology, this unit produces a clean sine wave (under 3% THD).
You can power your vulnerable electronics directly on the AC outlets. Generac GP3500i0 has a fuel tank capacity of 2.35 gallons, and when it is full and running at a quarter load, the generator can operate for 11 hours.
Other features in the Generac GP3500i0 are;
- It has a digital data centre that shows the status of the generator.
- Light indicators display when the generator is ready for use when its overload and low oil level.
- It has a low oil shut-off sensor and a circuit breaker.
If the running wattage of 3000W is not enough for your power demand, you can double this by connecting it to another Generac GP3500i0 model. However, you will need to buy the parallel connector kit separately.
On the outlets;
- Dual 120V 20A (5-20R) outlets
- Single 120V (TT-30R) –RV Ready receptacle
- Double 5V DC USB ports for recharging mobile phones and other devices
- Wattage: 3000 watts
- Noise Level: 65 dbs
- Weight: 74.3 Ibs
- Run Time: 11 hours @ 25% load
- Unique Feature: Good for Power backup
- It can serve as your domestic power backup plan for camping needs and commercial purposes.
- This unit qualifies to be in the lightweight category considering its power output.
- It has no noise level ratings.
5. Champion Power Equipment 100692- Lightweight Inverter Generator
- It is light-within the 2000-watt portable inverter generators; this unit is among the lightest.
- With the Cold Start Technology, you can easily power it on even in cold weather.
The generator has 17.3 × 11.5 × 17.7 inches and weighs about 39.5 pounds; this is ultralight. If you’re looking for a portable inverter generator or any of the best 2000 watts generators, this is the best deal.
For you to power it up, the unit has a conventional recoil start mechanism plus the Cold Start Technology that guarantees a quick start on a cold day.
This generator is powered by a 79cc Champion engine that produces a starting wattage of 2000 watts and a running wattage of 1700W.
With a fuel capacity of 1.05 gallons, the unit can run on gasoline for about 11.5 hours when it is at a quarter load.
With clean power production (less than 3% THD) from this unit, you can confidently connect your delicate electronics.
When operating from 23 feet, the unit has a noise level of 53 decibels which is slightly higher than that of a refrigerator. It can’t stop your conversation or give you sleepless nights when camping.
You can double the power output; this unit comes with a parallel connection ready feature.
You can connect it to another 2000-watt Champion inverter generator to meet your power demands.
However, the parallel kit with an average 30A RV outlet and a 120V 30A locking receptacle is sold separately as an optional kit.
Champion 100692 model has three years warranty period. The unit can be shipped to any state in America because it is EPA and CARB compliant.
On the power outlets, this unit provides;
- Double 120V 20A household outlets
- Single 12V 8A DC outlet for easy battery charging
The three outlets are all covered to protect dust and other debris from hampering this unit’s functionality.
Other notable features on this unit are;
- Light indicators signal whether the unit is ready for loading and signal when the oil level is low.
- It produces clean power, thanks to the new inverter technology.
- A circuit breaker for overload protection and a low oil shut-off sensor ensures the unit does not run without oil.
- The smart Economy Mode feature lowers the electrical load, which gives a quieter operation and better fuel economy.
- Wattage: 2000 watts
- Noise Level: 53 dbs
- Weight: 39 Ibs
- Run Time: 11.5 hours @ 25% load
- Unique Feature: Light Weight
- The unit has parallel connection capabilities; you can connect it to a similar generator to double the power output.
- It comes with a dual USB adaptor and charging cables.
- Relatively long running time.
- Few customers encountered a leaking gas problem, while others had a problem starting it on their first use.
- The unit does not have a data centre; you can’t tell the voltage output nor the remaining running time.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best inverter generator on the market?
Honda EU2200i It is the quietest inverter generator in this review and the market.
The unit is also highly portable, making it ideal for your home backing and outdoor events, including tailgating.
Considering the running time of 8 hours when on a quarter load and a fuel tank capacity of 0.95 gallons, this unit can deliver your small power demands with a cumulative wattage of 1800 watts for the better part of the night.
With a rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars from over 1300 reviewers, Honda 663520 EU2200i is one of the best units you can buy today.
2. How big of an inverter generator do I need?
It depends on your power demands. Suppose you are looking for a generator to power your essential household electronics such as your AC system, refrigerator, and lighting. In that case, you should find a generator with not less than 7500 running watts.
For your RV and camping needs, an inverter generator with 3000 to 4000 running watts is ideal. However, you should know how to calculate your power demands; this will give you an idea of the size of the generator you need.
To get your total wattage demand, take the amperage of each electrical appliance you want to run multiply by 120V, get the summation of your multiplications, and you will get the total watts required to power your appliances.
If you get a total of 6500 watts, get a generator with a running wattage of 7500 watts.
3. Can an inverter generator power a house?
Yes. Suppose you want to power sensitive electrical appliances such as computers, high-tech refrigerators, mobile phones, among others.
In that case, you need an inverter generator because it produces pure sine waves (less than 5% THD). Additionally, inverter generators produce lower noise levels than conventional generators and are also more fuel-efficient.
Therefore, they are appropriate to power a house. However, you need to note the total wattage demanded by the appliances you need to power, and this will help you choose the right size of an inverter generator.
4. Can an inverter generator run a refrigerator?
Yes. Inverter generators can convert DC to 120V AC household power to run home electrical appliances, including a refrigerator.
However, this will depend on the generator’s size against the rated watts required by the refrigerator. The inverter generator should have more running watts than the wattage the refrigerator requires.
Ideally, an inverter generator with a running wattage of 2000W can run most household refrigerators.
5. How long do inverter generators last?
It will depend on the condition of the engine and how long the generator runs. If the engine is of high quality and the generator runs on an average of 100 hours annually, it can last for about ten years. Even so, proper maintenance should be taken.
6. Why are inverter generators so quiet?
One of the reasons why people love inverter generators is because of their low noise production. Inverter generators are designed to carry small engines, which are vital to low noise production.
Furthermore, inverter generators can run on varying output levels, and this also reduces the noise level of these units. The auto regulates the noise level by regulating their engine speed depending on the load, and they are loudest when fully loaded.
The sound-attenuating materials used in the casing of inverter generators absorb most noise produced by the engine hence their quiet operation.
7. When Is an Inverter Generator Better Than a Conventional Generator?
When looking for a portable generator for your camping needs, an inverter generator is ideal because it is fuel-efficient, less noisy, and most portable than the conventional models.
Should you need more power, most inverter generators are parallel capable, and you can easily link two similar inverter generators to double the power output.
Lastly, when you need to power vulnerable electronics, consider going for inverter generators because they produce a pure sine wave. One can read more on how does an inverter generator work.
8. Inverter Generators vs Conventional Generators, Which is the Best?
Both are good generators to invest in. However, several factors can influence your decision:
If you are looking for a fuel-efficient portable generator, can run even the most sensitive appliances, not noisy for your neighbours, and can automatically adjust its power output depending on the demand, consider going for an inverter generator.
However, if noise is not a bother to you and your neighbourhood and you need more power and a bulky machine, a conventional generator is suitable.
9. Inverter Generators or Standard Generators: Which is Best for You?
It will depend on the overall efficiency of the two.
- Inverter generators can convert DC to AC, eliminating the power fluctuation scenarios that can be witnessed when running a standard generator.
- Standard generators operate at a constant speed regardless of the power requirements, leading to high fuel consumption and noise production. On the other hand, inverter generators can auto adjust the engine speed depending on the power requirements hence lowering fuel consumption and noise level.
An inverter generator is better than a standard variant, considering the above aspects.
Types Of Generators
1. Portable Generators
Also called backup generators, they are generators used to deliver temporary power supply when it is needed.
Your temporary power needs could be due to a power outage, or you could require a remote supply of power when camping or holding any outdoor function.
In some cases, contractors require portable generators to power their tools. Most portable generator models run on gasoline you may need to have in storage should you use the generator.
This type of generator comes with outlets that you can directly connect your tools to the standard outlets, and some have a twist-lock plug that you can use to connect to your house transfer switch.
Most of these portable generators come with wheels to enable easy movement, while some are lightweight, making them easier to lift and carry.
Their noise level can range anywhere from 50 to about 80 decibels.
While these units can be used almost anywhere because of their portability, you should never run a generator indoors.
The combustion of fuel to generate electricity produces carbon monoxide, which may be in high quantities depending on your unit’s status.
When inhaled, it can course the loss of lives. It would be best to place your generator at least 20 feet away from your house, your window AC unit, or any enclosed area.
If it is raining, you can place it under a canopy. For storage, you can store it under a generator tent, a generator house (kennel-style) and if you have to store it in your garage, makes sure the garage is not attached to your main house. There are also several ways on how to make portable generator power clean.
When buying a portable generator, check on the following key factors;
- Rules and regulations of where you are going to use it
- The size of the generator you need; will depend on your power demands.
- The fuel consumption
- Whether it has a low oil shut-off sensor and a circuit breaker
Portable generators are a good investment for your home power backup or outdoor activities such as construction.
2. Solar Generators
These portable power stations utilize solar energy instead of gasoline or propane to meet your electricity needs. It is a renewable source of energy. A solar generator consists of;
- Solar panel
- Charge controller
- Solar battery
The solar panel is responsible for collecting sunlight and converting it into DC electricity passed via the charge controller to the solar battery.
The solar battery stores the solar energy before it is converted to usable AC power by the inverter.
Unlike other generators where the wattage rate is per gasoline consumed hourly, solar generators’ watts-hour (Wh) means the power the generator can supply per hour.
If a solar generator has a capacity of 1200Wh means, it can supply 1200 watts per hour.
Best solar generators are suitable for camping and powering medium-sized electrical appliances at home, depending on the unit’s size.
When buying one, consider your use and power demands. There are different sizes of solar generators, which depend on the battery capacity.
If you are an RV traveller or camping enthusiast looking to power medium-size electrical appliances, a solar generator is suitable for you.
When buying a solar generator, consider how long it takes to gain full charge and how much energy it can supply per hour.
3. RV Generators
If you are new to RV traveling, an RV generator is a generator made to supply power to an RV trailer.
When you go out there in your RV, you want your AC to run, and you will need to cook, have some light at night, recharge your mobile phone and perhaps also watch some movies with your spouse.
The power used to meet the RV power demands mostly comes from an RV generator.
Apart from providing power, an RV generator can also be used for energy storage in the RV’s battery house. An RV generator is what makes your RV self-contained.
You can either get an RV with an in-built generator. However, this generator may start malfunctioning, and you will need to replace it, or sometimes you will be forced to buy the RV generator separately.
If this is the case, you need to ensure that you are settling for the right best RV generator. Here is what you need to consider:
1. Which type of RV generator are you going to buy?
There are three types of RV generators; gasoline, diesel, and liquid propane. Among the three fuel sources, gasoline is the most available one, but it should be handled with care because of its flammability properties. While diesel may not be easily accessible compared to gas, diesel produces more power and is an efficient fuel source. Liquid propane is environmentally friendly but hardly available when compared to the other two. It is advisable to buy an RV generator that uses similar fuel to that of your RV.
2. Check on the generator’s size by looking at its power output against your power demands in the RV.
In most cases, an RV generator with a running wattage of 3000 watts can power most of the RV appliances, including the RV AC unit.
3. What is the level of maintenance?
Buy a generator that is cheap and easy to maintain and operate. You don’t want an RV generator that will require a technician when you are in the middle of a trip. You can check some of the best cheapest generators in the market.
Get the appropriate RV generator, and you will enjoy camping in an RV park.
4. Quiet Generators
These are generators with a noise level of between 50 and 60 decibels. Inverter generators fall in this class, while diesel generators are the opposite. The best quietest generators are suitable for RV camping, hunting and good to be your home power backup plan.
The noise level above is when the generator models are running on quarter load. However, when they are at full load, their noise level is still bearable compared to conventional generators.
Furthermore, with the inverter technology in these quiet generators, it will automatically lower the noise production whenever the energy demand lowers.
Therefore, you can be sure that the noise level will not be high from the generator’s powering.
In the market, Honda 662220 EU2200i seems to be the quietest generator.
Did you know that there are various approaches you can use to silence your noisy generator? Here is what you can do;
1. Ensure your generator is on a soft and flat surface
Placing your generator on dirt or grassy ground will reduce its noise level than when placed on a concrete or wooden floor. It is because had surface tends to reflect sound than soft surfaces. Metallic surfaces are the worst; they reflect sound and also vibrate hence increasing the noise level.
2. Move the horizontal exhaust pipe to be vertical
Many generators come with a horizontal exhaust pipe; this forces the hot air from the exhaust pipe to move horizontally instead of in a vertical direction. Naturally, hot air will easily move vertically; try switching the exhaust pipe to face upwards, reducing the noise level.
3. You can use water to quiet the exhaust
Water is a good sound absorber; connect a hosepipe to the exhaust and put the other end in a bucket of water. It will silence the generator as the exhaust gas will bubble out of the water. Before doing this, ensure the exhaust pipe is on a higher gradient than the water bucket.
4. Replace the muffler
An old generator could be noisy because it has not been serviced, and the muffler may not be in a good state; replacing it may be the solution to a quiet generator.
While the methods above may not silence your generator to the level of a quiet one, the methods can greatly reduce the noise level. Even so, there are affordable, quiet generators in the market that can save you the struggles above. Get one and enjoy a quiet power supply. The article on why are inverter so quiet to understand more generators.
5. Inverter Generators
It is a generator that can safely power vulnerable electrical appliances. Inverter generators produce power with a total harmonic distortion that is less than 5%, and this is clean and stable power compared to what conventional generators produce.
This is made possible through their working mechanism, and they convert DC to stable and clean AC power. Inverter generators are portable and can be used to run almost everything in your home (as a power backup plan), office, campsite, and even office.
One of the key features of an inverter generator is its ability to deliver pure power with no spikes. A conventional generator cannot guarantee this.
Inverter generator also comes in a lightweight design, thanks to the compactness and materials used in manufacturing it.
The casing used to enclose the engine and other interior parts is soundproof, and this lowers the amount of noise coming from the generator when it is operating.
They are the most fuel-efficient generators in the market. The inverter technology helps the engine to auto-adjust its speed depending on the load.
If there is less load, the engine will run slower than when it is fully loaded.
The auto-adjusting of the engine speed makes an inverter generator consume less fuel and generate less noise while maintaining a 240V power supply.
Are you worried about the amount of power the inverter generator produces? You can double the power output by connecting two similar inverter generators through their parallel connector ports.
It requires the use of special parallel kits unique for each model. When running a single inverter generator, it will generate less power output hence cannot be used to run heavy power equipment compared to a conventional generator.
If you are looking for a portable source of power, consider an inverter generator.
6. Diesel Generators
These are generators whose engines are fueled by diesel so as they can produce the desired energy.
However, it is essential to note that a diesel generator has a mix of diesel-powered engines and an electric generator that works together to produce electric energy.
Diesel generators are suitable for power backup plans for emergencies. They can be used as sources of power in those areas with no connection to a power grid and an RV generator.
Diesel generators can either be;
- Industrial or residential generators
- Air-cooled or water-cooled generators
Industrial generators are used where there is a high power demand. They are big and can generate power for longer hours than the residential models.
On the other hand, residential diesel generators are small-sized generators and deliver power to a particular range.
Residential diesel generators are suitable for household use in small stores and can also be ideal for an RV tour.
Air-cooled diesel generators depend on natural air to work as the coolant, and natural air cools the engine.
While water-cooled diesel engines depend on water to cool, a separate generator system enables this function to be achieved.
While looking at air-cooled and water-cooled generators, the former requires a high maintenance level.
When looking at diesel generators’ power output, it is classified as 3kVA, which can be used to run power tools and household electrical equipment and 2000kVA suitable for places with high power demand, including industries.
Ideally, 3kVA and 2000kVA are the range of power that diesel generators can produce.
If you are looking to invest in a diesel generator, you should consider the following;
- Phase- Diesel generators are either single-phase or three-phase connections. Before buying this type of generator, check your home or where you want to use it, whether there is a single-phase or three-phase connection.
- Fuel consumption- How much fuel does it consume per hour and per kVA? It will help you determine the generator’s level of fuel efficiency.
- Noise- While diesel generators are noisy, look out for one with noise absorption technology.
7. Dual Fuel Generator
It is a generator that can burn both gasoline and propane. The engine can be driven by either of the two sources of fuel. It allows you to choose your convenient source of power.
However, propane has shown to be less efficient when compared to gasoline. Similarly, propane is a cleaner-burning fuel when compared to gasoline.
Most models of dual-fuel generators are large and less portable when compared to single-fuel ones. However, the part of mobility is improved by the presence of handles and wheels.
The most significant advantage of a dual fuel generator is that you don’t have to rely on one fuel source.
Meaning you can continue enjoying power when either gasoline or propane is depleted.
Most dual fuel generators come with a fuel selector knob that aides the user in switching to the fuel of their choice.
When the unit is powered by propane, you will; realize that the noise level is minimal. However, switching to gasoline turns the generator noisy.
When buying a dual fuel generator, the factors to consider a similar to that of a single fuel generator.
Look at the unit’s power output, the fuel capacity, the operating noise level, among other factors that determine the selection of a reliable generator.